Kathy has presented at conferences and workshops all over the world. She often gets feedback from teachers who have attended her sessions, as well as kudos about her online resources. Below are a few of the latest notes Kathy has received.
A list of workshops she can offer your school, group, or association can be found on this page and Kathy will work with you to develop whatever specialized presentation you might need. A handout with more information is available here and here is a list of Kathy's upcoming presentations.
Contact her via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or her mobile phone at 508-247-0044.
kudos for Kathy
- Elementary Technology Facilitator
- I just wanted to write you a quick thank you note for the years of dedicated service you have given. I can't tell you how many times I have referenced your work to other teachers and used your ideas directly with students. You are always my go-to-girl when I begin planning a new training piece and links to your websites have always been part of my bibliography. You are awesome!!
- High School Library Teacher
- Thank you, thank you, thank you! I have been following your website since I started as a school librarian 15 years ago and once again you have come up trumps. We are issuing iPads to our Grade 9 students today, the teachers have had them for 2 weeks, and your links on Bloomin-apps are exactly what we need. You are a star!
- University Librarian/Assistant Professor
- Thank you! Your workshop presentation at the Texas Library Association was outstanding, by the way. Thank you for organizing such a powerful and educational presentation.
- Middle School Library Media Specialist
- I have used Kathy Schrock's "5W's of Web site evaluation" poster for ages because I like how simple it is for students to remember. I have lurked on her Websites here and here. And, hallelujah! I finally had the chance to learn from Kathy herself at the TXLA annual conference at a session on infographics. Some of my best take-aways had nothing to do with infographics specifically, and the ideas are so simple, they are brilliant.
- High School Educational Technology Specialist
- I just wanted to say that I have been using your website as an educational technology resource and it has been extremely helpful. Thank you for putting this together. I enjoy sharing the information with my colleagues.
- Teacher Educator from Australia
- I just wanted to say a huge thank you - I love being able to point my students to your work & highlight the importance of critical evaluation of tech, rather than tech as a panacea! We're currently reviewing technology for learning and play and so you're an amazing example to show - thanks!
- K-8 Technology Teacher
- I cannot thank you enough or compliment you enough for this site (http://schrockguide.net) . It seems every time I need some useful information I can go there and find it. You make a meaningful impact!
- Educational Blogger
- Kathy, there is a very good reason you were mentioned in my post! You are exactly who should be leading the charge. Your ability to take what was not intended for education, co-opt it, and wrestle it into engaging, dynamic lesson plans is what makes you a phenomenal practitioner. Even as you leave the classroom, you are still very much a valuable asset to the education community. Perhaps your ability to teach, inspire, and motivate using a practical, hands-on approach will mean you are even more influential in the realm of education. Thanks for always finding ways to do what's best for kids! (And thanks for taking the time to read and comment!)
- Nurse and Educational Technology Instructor
- I was first introduced to your website in 2004 when enrolled in a Master's in Technology Education...Just sending a note of thanks for all the wealth of information I have obtained from your webpages. Currently, I am writing lesson plans for the state... for Healthcare Science Technology Education. During this process I have reviewed again some of the plans submitted to your webpages. Thank you for your forsight to meet the needs of education.
- Middle School Classroom Teacher
- I eagerly await your e-mail every week. Sometimes I am able to use the tips right away - many times I index them for when I have more time to get my TEKKIE hat on. You are on the cutting edge of helping teachers. I appreciate what you do! It's always fun and enjoyable! Just a little something extra to keep my skills sharp.
- Middle School Library Media Specialist
- On LM_NET this a.m. someone share websites for evaluation of websites, and other lesson ideas. The first on the list was your lesson for Middle School students.
It's perfect for our building and was a timely reminder to me of its existence.
Just wanted to say thanks for creating such helpful and high quality resources for teachers. I'm thankful for you!
- Elementary Classroom Teacher
- I’m an elementary teacher-- who spends way too much time online hunting for anything to better myself and the students with whom I’m working. I landed on your site by following a reading comprehension link...Your site is phenomenal! I peeked at many parts already, and bookmarked it. I’ll be back when I actually have more time to visit! Thanks for everything you’re doing—not only for your students and faculty, but for others all over.
- Catholic School Librarian
- Just a note to say that you are AMAZING...and I want to "be you" when I grow up! Too bad, I'm already middle-aged! Thank you for your materials and your inspiration.
- English Literature and Drama Teacher from Manila
- I am a high school teacher here in the Philippines (Manila) and you just don't realize how much you have helped me in my lessons when I attempt to integrate IT with subject matter. My high school boys have given me the highest rating or evaluation because they always had fun anticipating what my next strategies were going to be. I teach English literature and drama and I just wish I weren't retiring this year because I had a swell time with the sites you recommended.
- School Adminstrator and Adjunct Professor
- As I update my next semester's syllabus, I am sad to hear you have retired, yet glad to hear you are still blogging and assisting teachers in their quest to create the best learning environment possible to help children. All of my students will follow your "Guide to Everything" this semester and will benefit from your knowledge and experience to help the next generation of students succeed in the early 21st century.
Personally--I want to thank you for the guidance you have provided me as an administrator and understanding it is not only about the technology--but about the learning.
- K-12 Educator
- Best webinar I've experienced all year, but since it's from you, I'm
not surprised. Thank you so much for this and all you do! :)
- Business and Technology Teacher
- Glad to have you in my Twitter PLN! Gr8 stuff you share!
- Assistant Principal
- Love the work you have done with Blooms and apps - thanks fr sharing
- Private School after a presentation
- Thanks @kathyschrock for gifting us with new ideas and fresh perspectives. We are smarter and wiser.
- Instructional Technology Coordinator
- Thanks Kathy. I am working on a grant that digitizes curriculum so iBooks Author and your site will be my new best friend.
- K-5 Technology Coordinator
- Increasing my knowledge on Authentic/Problem/Project/Challenge Based Learning thanks to @kathyschrock
- District Technology Director
- Absolutely LOVE @kathyschrock's breakdown of iOS, Android, Web, & Google apps for Bloom's Taxonomy levels
- Teacher Librarian
- Putting together a project on infographics, thank you @kathyschrock, your page has been invaluable