Use your imagination and assume the role of one of the following.
After choosing your role complete the following tasks, using the links provided under the Resource heading.
- Captain of the Ernestina-responsible for the safety and keeps the crew on task.
- Navigator of the Ernestina- charts the course
- Historian- keeps a daily log of groups research
- Ship's Lookout- keeps crew on course and monitors climate conditions.
- Give yourself an identily including name, place of residence.
- Next, begin your research voyage.
- The Historian will create a timeline of the of major events occurring in the Cape Verde Islands and its connection to New Bedford, Massachusetts from 1898 to the present.
- The Navigator will create a map of the Cape Verde Islands and its relationship to New Bedford, Massachusetts. Using Xerox PARC Mac Web Server,describe the distance and direction you would travel to go from the site where you began your voyage to destination. Maps must include a key to major cities, ports, oceans, as well as the compass rose. maps must be accurate and labeled neatly. The navigator must chart the course on the map showing the Ernestina will take to New Bedford.
- The Look-out will create a climate log. You are important to the captain and crew because you have a log of what to expect in New Bedford Massachusetts. You are leaving Brava, Cape Verde. You must present your weather finding to the captain daily. You must include the amount of rainfall, wind conditions, and temperature. At the same time, your Captain would like to know what he/she can expect for weather conditions in New Bedford.
- The Captain is responsible for analysing the information and presenting it to the owner of the ship.The Captain must have knowledge of past and present political climates of these two countries. Using the Captain's daily journal, prepare a speech to be given at the end of the journey to the owner of the ship describing the success of the voyage.
- Choose three people other than yourself to work on this cooperative group project.
- Select one of the four roles under Process
- URLs have been provided for your use. These URLs have been chosen to provide fast and accurate information for your WebQuest.
- It maybe helpful to print the information you find on the research webpages.
- DNS errors usually are not serious, maybe the location desired is just busy. Try again later.
- Many URL errors occur either because the site has moved, is turned off, or no longer exists. The URL can be tried later but if repeated attempts fail, you can consider that the site is no longer active.
- There is no such thing as privacy when using the Internet. Make sure what you have typed is not personal information.
- You need to write in complete sentences and use spell check on the computer.
- You must contribute to the group effort.
- You must complete your assignment on time.
- Include a bibliography with your final project for both print and electronic resources.
Introduction Task References Process Conclusion